- General Dermatology
- Research Clinician
- Saint Mary’s College; Moraga CA; B.S. Biology
- State University of New York at Buffalo School of Medicine; Buffalo, NY; M.A. Microbiology
- State University of New York at Buffalo School of Medicine; Buffalo, NY; Ph.D. Microbiology
- State University of New York at Buffalo School of Medicine; Buffalo, NY; M.D.
- Pediatrics Residency at University of California at Los Angeles
- Dermatology Residency at University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry
- Chief Medical Officer and Vice President of Dow Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Dermatologist in private practice in Vallejo since 1985
- Affiliated with Sutter Solano Medical Center in Vallejo since 1985
- Associate Clinical Professor Department of Dermatology University of California San Francisco since 1986
- Director of the Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Clinic of the Department of Dermatology at the University of California, San Francisco, since 1986
- Past President of San Francisco Dermatological Society and Solano County Medical Society
- Named a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology in 1986 and is a Diplomate of the American Board of Dermatology.
In addition to his practice in Vallejo, he directs a clinical research unit dedicated to the development of new therapies for viral infections of the skin and other common skin conditions. This unit performs clinical trials for major pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies as well as the National Institute of Health. These research activities have been internationally recognized. In 1997, Dr. Beutner co-chaired the American Medical Association Consensus Conference on External Genital Warts. In 2002 he also co-chaired the American Medical Association Consensus Conference on Genital Herpes
He is a member of the Advisory Committee for the American Social Health Association’s Scientific Advisory Board on Human Papillomavirus and he recently completed his tenure on the American Academy of Dermatology’s Committee on Sexually Transmitted Diseases. He currently serves on the American Academy Dermatology Therapeutics/FDA Liaison Task Force. He is a past president of the Solano County Medical Society and the San Francisco Dermatological Society.
Dr. Beutner is listed in The Best Doctors in America. He was also selected by his peers to be included in the first edition of The Best Doctors in America: Pacific Region. Entries in both publications result from an exhaustive survey and consensus support from colleagues.
Voted Best Doctors: 1994-2012