Solano Dermatology Associates owns and operates several websites (hereafter referred to as the “website”).
The website allows patients, providers, and members of the public to view general information about our medical practice, our providers, health-related information including medical services we offer.
This Privacy Statement applies to the website. It describes how Solano Dermatology Associates collects and uses personal information you provide on the website as well as other information that is collected from your use of the website.
For the purpose of this Privacy Statement, personal information means collected information that could be used to identify you or any other individual. Information that has been stripped of details that could possibly identify an individual is no longer personal information and is not covered by the terms of this Privacy Statement.
What does this Privacy Statement cover?
This Privacy Statement covers how Solano Dermatology Associates collects, uses and shares website user data. This Privacy Statement does not cover the use and disclosure of protected health information (PHI) as defined under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). For information on Solano Dermatology Associate’s use and disclosure of PHI, please refer to our Notice of Privacy Practices.
The website has security measures in place that are intended to help protect against the loss, misuse, unauthorized access or alteration of information under our control. If the website collects personal information, SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protocol is used to encrypt that information during transmission. Despite these measures, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from us via the website cannot be guaranteed. At your discretion you may contact us at the mailing address listed at the end of this Privacy Statement.
Changes to this Statement
The website Privacy Statement is effective 10, 1, 2022, and may be amended thereafter. New versions of this Statement are effective when they are posted to the website. Use of information that is collected is subject to the version of the Privacy Statement that was in effect at the time the information was collected.
Collecting, using and disclosing personal information
Except as outlined in this Website Privacy Statement, we do not collect any personally identifiable information about visitors to the website. The policies, sources, uses and disclosures of information are outlined in sections 1 through 7 below:
- Information collection and use
We may collect the following information from you:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, mailing address and phone number
- Age or Date of Birth
- Medical record number or health record number
- Credit Card information
- Preference information, such as the types of emails you’d like to receive from us
- Health or medical information, such as health symptoms, health conditions and medications
- Your device location
- Pages you visited on the Website
- Any webpage on another site that referred you to the Website
- Data about your web browsing history through cookies (see “Cookies, web beacons and other similar technologies,” below)
- Web browser type used
- Date and time you visited the Website
- Other internet tags and navigational data
We may use and disclose this information to:
- Send you requested product or service information
- Send you electronic communications, such as digital newsletters, text messages and emails
- Improve the Solano Dermatology Associates website user experience and marketing efforts
- Conduct internal quality improvement and troubleshooting
- Schedule appointments with our providers
- Remove personal details, such as name and email address, from collected information so it can’t be used to identify you
- Address any complaints or inquiries made by you or on your behalf
- Carry out any other purposes for which the information was collected
- Comply with a law or legal process that requires us to disclose this information to authorities that may request this information
When you provide us with personal information about dependents and family members, we will use this information only for the specific reason for which it was provided.
- Cookies, web beacons and other similar technologies
If you wish to opt out of these analytics tracking services, visit these websites at the following links:
- Google Analytics, Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
- For EU users, visit Your Online Choices to learn how to opt out of having your data used for online behavioral advertising by European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA) member companies.
- Opt out
If you make a request to receive information (for example, additional information about one of our cosmetic services) through the website by providing an email address or mobile phone number, you may request to discontinue receiving similar messages in the future. Materials sent to you by email or text message contain information on how to opt out.
- Sharing of data
Personal information is not disclosed without your consent other than as required by laws that guarantee public access to certain types of information or in response to subpoenas or other legal instruments.
- Data retention
We retain your personal information for the time period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement, including to meet our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
- Links to external sites
The website may contain links to external websites. Solano Dermatology Associates is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices on websites that may be accessed through these external links. When following a link to another website, you are responsible for reading that website’s privacy statement and making sure that you accept it and can abide by it.
We may disclose personal information:
- As described in our Notices of Privacy Practices for protected health information
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect you or others from threats of imminent harm, investigate fraud or other activity in violation of the law, or respond to a government request.
- To protect the security and reliability of the website.
- If Solano Dermatology Associates is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets.
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so (example: for medical research).
If you have questions about the Website Privacy Statement, please contact Solano Dermatology Associates at email@example.com, or Website Policies, Solano Dermatology Associates, 2290 Sacramento St., Vallejo, CA 94590.
The Website Privacy Statement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California.